Wednesday, 22 October 2008

Second Rape in Less Than a Week in Holyland Area

A 20-year-old woman was raped on Agincourt Avenue on Tuesday morning this week, less than seven days after last Wednesday's rape on University Street. This means that there has been 18 rapes or attempted rapes in the area since April. The police are keen to eradicate rumours that a serial rapist is on the loose, and insist that they have no evidence to suggest that these attacks are linked. The Gown spoke once again to VP Community, Laura Hawthorne, who could tell us that due to staffing problems the plans for a night bus have been halted. However, Hawthorne assured us that despite this she is determined to continue with the 'Fight for Light' campaign, and liase with all relevant individuals in a bid to make the Holyland area a safer place for students.

6 comments:

Mountaineer said...

The SU isn't doing anything on this issue.

Laura stop chasing headlines and get the finger out of your you-know-what.

Students are sick of this.

Finger Licking Good said...

Laura keep it in there girlie. You're doing a smashing job darling.

Get a grip on reality said...

If the SU/University were able to "find" money for two new (unnecessary posts) then I am sure they will be able to do the samw for this night-bus OR scrap the two new posts and use the c25-30K on funding it!

Anonymous said...

it was actually the student council who introduced the new officers last year- not sabbaticals

Anonymous said...

The council rubber stamped it. The new officers were last year's exec's idea. More jobs for the boys

Anonymous said...

Pay no attention - keep up the good work Laura